MorganaXProc is an implementation of W3C's XProc: An XML Pipeline Language written in Java™.
The current version is 1.0-x. It is very close to the recommendation with all related tests of the XProc Test Suite passed.
- Full support for all required steps and also for all optional steps (with the exception of one option of optional step 'p:validate-with-relax-ng').
- Additional steps defined in Document Templating Steps for XProc are implemented as well.
- All proposed extension steps from exproc.org are implemented.
- Uses XPath 2.0 as its expression language.
- Out of the box support for XSLT and XQuery.
- Plug-in support for XSLT 2.0 transformations with an external processor.
- Implementation of all serialization options (except support for XML 1.1).
- Easy to use command line interface and a flexible API.
- There is a graphical user interface for running pipelines available as well.
- Highly configurable security manager to protect your system from harmful pipelines.
- Support for a variety of alternative XQuery processors via plug-in mechanism.
- Pluggable file system to read and write different data sources.
- Extensible step library with user defined steps written in Java™.
- Useful wrapper mechanism to convert non xml data on the fly into xml documents.
- Free software, released under GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2).