MorganaXProc 1.0.7 was released on 2017-08-14.
It is a service release improving usability and fixing some bugs:
- Improved error messages: A dynamic error (XD0030) is raised, if the namespace URI is not valid when creating an element or attribute (replaces an unspecific java exception wrap in c:error).
- Improved error message when an element/attribute with a prefix is created, but no namespace is associated with this prefix.
- Improved attribute creation with names in namespaces: Using existing prefixes if possible.
- Improved element creation with names in namespaces: Removing unnecessary prefixes. (Thanks to Gerrit for pointing this out.)
- Changed initialization process for XMLCatalog resolver: If this resolver is not used, resolver.jar is not required on the classpath anymore.
- Changed mechanism in p:validate-with-schematron, so that XSLT 2.0 implementation is used as default, if selected XSLT processor supports 2.0 or higher.
- Fixed a Nullpointer bug when <p:choose /> has no children <p:when /> or <p:otherwise />.
- Improved import of XSLT-functions from stylesheet with @version=”3.0″: Only functions marked as “public” are visible in XProc pipelines.
- Tested with Saxon HE 188.8.131.52 and Saxon HE 184.108.40.206.
- Experimental implementation of support for Saxon 9.8.x.
Some tests in test suite fail, because Saxon HE 9.8.x does not support XSLT 1.0 compatibility:
- <p:xslt /> will raise error for stylesheets with @version=”1.0″.
- <p:validate-schematron fails, because 1.0 stylesheets are imported even if queryBinding explicitly asks for “2.0″. A patched version passes tests with Saxon HE.