Although MorganaXProc does strongly comply to the rules set out in the XProc Recommendation, is does one or two things not defined for XProc as a language to make it more useful:
- Storing binary data in <p:store>
- Using wrappers to convert non xml data on the fly in <p:data>
- Using self defined XQuery functions in XProc
- Using XPath functions written in Java in XProc
- Using extension steps written in Java
- Explicit flow control in a subpipeline using extension attribute "mox:depends-on".
- Using mox:content-type to overload p:import.